Nelson A Prager, MDInterventional Cardiology
Dr. Prager is a third generation Coloradoan and grew up in Denver attending Cherry Creek High School. He attended the University of Colorado, Boulder, receiving an undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering and Biochemistry. He received his medical degree from the University of Colorado Medical School, and he completed his postgraduate training in Denver and his cardiology training at Washington University in St. Louis at Barnes Hospital.
Dr. Prager actively practices at Denver-area hospitals including The Medical Center of Aurora, P/SL, and Sky Ridge Medical Center. He also travels to Ogallala, Nebraska to help with their cardiology needs. Dr. Prager is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the Society for Cardiology Angiography & Interventions. He is also a member of the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology, American Heart Association and the Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis & Vascular Biology. Dr. Prager has published multiple articles on thrombolysis and thrombosis and cardiacelectrophysiology.
Dr. Prager is an avid golfer with a handicap of 8 and enjoys playing the piano. He is married with three boys.
Accepts most insurance. Contact your insurance provider for coverage information
Electrophysiology or Arrhythmias
ICD's (Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators)
TEE's (Transesophageal Electrocardiogram)
- Interventional Cardiology - Primary - Board Certified
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology - Board Certified
- Gender: Male
- Internship: Barnes Hospital- Washington University Medical Center - 1985
- Fellowship: Barnes Hospital- Washington University Medical Center - 1993
- Residency: Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center - 1989
- Graduate Degree: Doctor Of Medicine - University of Colorado - 1984
- Internship: Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center - 1987
- North Suburban Medical Center
- The Medical Center of Aurora
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center